Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Replace Your Missing Teeth and Restore Your Smile Today!
Call us at Smart Family Dentistry Phone Number 325-677-2778 if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smart today!
Or fill out our Appointment Form to schedule an appointment online.
Smart Family Dentistry
Patient Review by grady m
my denture cracked in half which basically means i can't eat except soup. i called on thursday and they got me in on monday. they fixed my denture and i had it back by wednesday. look how many dentists do you know while they are messing around in your mouth are singing country and western music at the same time. to me this showed a great deal of confidence in what she was doing and at the same time made me feel real comfortable. my wife has been going to the same dentist and she is going to change to dr. smart as well as my mother in law. much praise to this doctor and her staff. grady m
- grady m
Patient Review by Ralph H
I have been aversed to dental work for years. Dr. Smart, immediately allayed my fears. Her charisma is surpassed only by her professionalism. She is thoroughly meticulous in her presentation of every procedure, and equally personable in each application. I walked away with new dentures and a sparkling smile. I could sing the praises of Dr. Smart forever. Suffice it to say, Dr. Smart and her staff, particularly Meridth and Marissa, are the BEST, bar none!
- Ralph H
Patient Review by Delbert J
I tell everybody they need to come here and get their dental work done, because I am always satisfied at every visit for the past 10 years! Dr. Smart is the top of the line!
- Delbert J
Patient Review by Tommy B
Thanks to Dr Smart and her staff I have a beautiful smile. Dr Smart did not rest until my dentures were perfect!
- Tommy B